Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion
This micro skills course provides an overview of continuous subcutaneous insulin pump therapy, and shows the benefits it brings to the patient and healthcare professionals.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) therapy
- State the NICE CSII guideline recommendations
- Explain the advantages, disadvantages and risks of CSII
- State the basic differences in managing patients on CSII compared to multiple daily injections (MDI)
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.