Conservative Management of Pressure Ulcers
This micro skills course will identify the general measures that can be taken to aid healing of pressure ulcers. This will include the need to optimise nutritional state and the topical treatments that can be used to aid healing or prepare the wounds for surgery.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the general measures that can be taken to aid the healing of pressure ulcers;
- Explain the role of the dietitian in optimising nutritional state;
- Explain the principles of choosing appropriate topical treatment for a pressure ulcer;
- Given a case scenario, suggest non-surgical measures to encourage healing of a pressure ulcer
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.