Confirm physical health status
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to obtain and interpret information about client health status and to check a clients physical health. It requires a detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology. This course applies to individuals working directly with clients and who assist in the provision of health care services. Some disciplines may be subject to state/territory regulatory determination regarding delegation and supervision.
What will I learn?
- Obtain accurate information about physical health status through observation, questioning or review of documentation
- Interpret information based on understanding of the structure and functioning of body systems
- Use information to identify any actual or potential problems regarding health status
- Take into account factors that may have impacted on an identified physical condition
- Make checks of client health status prior to delivery of health intervention using knowledge of body systems
- Clarify significance of physical health status in relation to a particular intervention in line with job role and organisation requirements
- Clarify implications and significance of physical health status with appropriate people in the case of uncertainty or limits on own capability or authority
- Identify variations from normal health status using standard methods and protocols
- Identify potential factors responsible for significant variations from normal health status
- Identify potential risk factors associated with variations from normal health status
- Recognise and refer potentially serious issues in line with organisation requirements
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.