Confidentiality: Formal and Accidental Disclosures
This micro skills course examines the circumstances under which you may have to break confidentiality either by disclosing something that has been to told to you verbally or that you have written in medical records. It also looks at circumstances where accidental disclosure may occur and what action may need to be taken when this happens.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you should be able to:
- Identify circumstances where you may need to break confidentiality
- Recognise who you need to consult if breaking confidentiality
- Describe the legal issues which surround the breaking of confidentiality
- Identify circumstances where accidental disclosures may occur and how to best deal with them
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.