Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will give you a general introduction to equality and diversity in the workplace. Please note, this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will take approximately 1 h to complete.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the definitions of Diversity and Equality;
- Give an overview of current law;
- Define discrimination and victimisation;
- Interpret the effect of discrimination on individuals, families, teams and organisations;
- Demonstrate that discrimination is costly to you, your colleagues, patients and the organisation;
- Identify an ‘Equality Target Group’ (Department of Health definition);
- Describe briefly, the Disability Discrimination Act and how it affects the NHS as an employer and as a service provider
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.