Confidentiality, Consent and Chaperones
This micro skills course deals with the principles of confidentiality in sexual and reproductive health and the provision of a chaperone for intimate examinations. It also looks at the consent requirements for tests and examinations or procedures.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the duty of confidentiality in sexual and reproductive healthcare as it applies to patients of all ages;
- Describe the circumstances under which a chaperone may be provided or needed;
- Recognise the importance of obtaining valid patient consent
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.