Concepts of Puberty
This micro skills course introduces key concepts relating to puberty such as: potential issues, biological changes, Tanner stages and timings. The onset of the reproductive function and the pubertal growth spurt are also discussed.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Outline the biological changes which take place during puberty
- Recognise the relationship of puberty to psychosocial development
- Explain how puberty begins and progresses through the Tanner stages
- List the timings of puberty
- Illustrate the onset of the reproductive function in both sexes
- Discuss the pubertal growth spurt
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.