Complete medication distribution and documentation
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication. This micro skills course applies to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication.
What will I learn?
- Discard waste products according to organisation procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Collect used equipment, discarded medications/applicators and rubbish and place in appropriate/designated receptacle according to instructions
- Clean and store unused and used medication containers and administration aids in accordance with infection control guidelines
- Follow the organisations arrangements and procedures to replenish dose administration aids and supplies of medications
- Store medication charts, care plans or treatment sheets according to organisation procedures
- Complete medication storage procedures in compliance with legislation and own role responsibility
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Prepare to assist with medication. Prepare the client for assistance with the administration of medication. Support patients with administration of medication. Handle medical contingencies.