Community Acquired Pneumonia
This micro skills course discusses the definition of and spectrum of pneumonia, its presentation, likely aetiological agents, an approach to the management of community- acquired pneumonia (CAP), empiric treatment strategies, and the approach adopted for the care of the patient referred to the intensive care unit (ICU). The micro skills course also briefly discusses the complications of pneumonia and non-bacterial pneumonia.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define pneumonia
- Describe the spectrum of pneumonia
- List the differential diagnosis of pneumonia (other than bacterial infection)
- Describe the common aetiological agents and empiric treatment
- Describe the assessment of a patient referred to ICU and the scoring systems in use for CAP
- Describe the common complications of pneumonia and their management
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.