This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will introduce the learner to sign language and its use in communicating with Deaf people.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the role of communication tactics in improving communication for hearing impaired patients;
- Describe different communication tactics;
- Identify appropriate communication tactics for particular situations;
- Identify the role of lip reading in helping communication
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.