This micro skills course covers the basic principles of good communication and examines some of the common communication errors that may arise during a doctors interaction with both patients and colleagues.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify good communication skills as an essential clinical governance tool, necessary in the delivery of effective patient care
- Investigate the principles of good communication
- Recognise some of the common, but easily avoidable, communication errors in medical practice
- Identify how to improve your team playing skills through more effective communications with your colleagues and other agencies
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.