Communication Skills for FGM Consultations
This session considers the communication skills you will need to use in dealing with patients who have suffered, or are at risk of, FGM.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Initiate and conduct a sensitive consultation with a patient at risk of FGM
- Initiate and conduct a consultation with a patient who has undergone FGM, and discuss their attitudes and experience
- Recognise a patient at risk of FGM
- Explain the cultural justifications for why FGM is done
- Consider and address your own feelings about FGM
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.