Communication Skills for Administrative Staff Volunteers and Other Non-clinical Workers
This micro skills course explores the challenges faced by administrative staff and volunteers when communicating with patients near the end of life and those close to them. It also looks at the skills required to manage these situations.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the process of communicating or transmitting a message between two or more people
- Recognise the challenges faced by administrative staff and volunteers in communicating with patients approaching the end of their lives and those close to them
- Identify effective face to face, telephone and written communication skills that administrative staff and volunteers can use in end of life care situations
- Identify methods that administrative staff and volunteers can use to manage their own stress in these situations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.