Communication at the End of Life
This micro skills course aims to develop an understanding of basic communication skills which will facilitate sensitive communication when supporting patients and those identified as important to them. This micro skills course also highlights the skills required to break bad news in your role as a paramedic as well as the importance of caring for oneself when being continually exposed to complex communication micro skills courses.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the principals of good communication in end of life/palliative care
- Describe the consequences of poor communication skills
- Identify what prevents people sharing worries, fears and beliefs
- Recognise communication challenges such as breaking bad news
- Recognise how a communication model can offer a framework of support when having difficult conversations
- Identify key interpersonal skills required for complex communication
- Recognise the importance of caring for ourselves when exposed to complex and difficult conversations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.