Communicating With Families
This micro skills course outlines the importance of engaging with parents, carers and families. It will introduce you to what it means to engage families and basic principles in doing so. It introduces you to listening skills and skills in asking questions that help you communicate effectively with families.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of engaging with families and carers
- Explain the importance of seeing things from the perspectives of children and young people, parents and carers
- Describe the meaning of engagement in relation to families
- Identify basic practice principles of engaging with families and carers
- This session uses self assessments that help you check what you have learnt. You do not have to use them and your answers are not seen by anyone else.
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.