Communicating Treatment Risks to Patients
This micro skills course will use a case study to demonstrate the various methods of communicating side effects to patients and what factors should be considered in the consultation process.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain to a patient what they have been prescribed and why
- Explain clearly how to take a prescribed medication
- Discuss common side effects of medication with a patient
- Explain the risks and benefits associated with taking a prescribed medication
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.