Communicating in Organisations
This micro skills course examines methods for effective and efficient communication between individuals and teams within and across organisations. It highlights the impact on services and patients if communication fails and suggests mechanisms for resolving communication failure. This micro skills course supports the development of leadership in clinical settings.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Examine mechanisms and processes for communicating within and between healthcare organisations
- Critique your own service in terms of effectiveness of communication
- Identify common barriers to effective organisational communication
- Explain how organisational communication can impact on patients and carers
- Define the link between communication and organisational culture
- Demonstrate your contribution to leadership in the clinical setting by listing strategies to improve communication
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.