Common Study Designs in Clinical Research
This micro skills course outlines the study designs used in medical research.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the wide range of study designs used in medical research
- Define the elements of a cohort study and explain why they are used
- Identify the fundamental principles of a randomised controlled trial
- Interpret the results of a meta-analysis for the purposes of clinical practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.