Common Electrolyte Disorders (Na)
This micro skills course will discuss the pathophysiology, clinical features and management of both hyponatraemia and hypernatraemia in critically ill patients.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the normal range for serum sodium in mmol/L
- Estimate plasma osmolality from simple blood tests
- Classify causes of hyponatraemia
- List common causes of the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion
- Classify causes of hypernatraemia
- Select appropriate tests for investigating patients with hyponatraemia and hypernatraemia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.