Common Clinical Problems: Imaging the Abdomen in the Intensive Therapy Unit (ITU)
In this micro skills course, you will be introduced to some of the common clinical problems with imaging the abdomen in an intensive therapy unit (ITU).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise that clinical assessment of ITU patients is extremely difficult and early and appropriate imaging of these acutely unwell patients can affect patient management
- Identify the appropriate imaging investigation for a given abdominal clinical scenario in the ITU setting
- Define computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound appearances of the common acute abdominal conditions seen in ITU patients such as acute cholecystitis, acute pancreatitis and pseudomembranous colitis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.