This micro skills course aims to provide you with a method of approaching the imaging of the undiagnosed unconscious patient. It briefly covers the initial clinical workup of an unconscious patient presenting to the emergency department (including use of the Glasgow Coma Scale). It describes a checklist to be used in the analysis of the computed tomography brain scan.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:;
- List the common causes of an unconscious patient presenting to the casualty department;
- Describe a checklist for reviewing computed tomography (CT) brain in the unconscious patient;
- Look for subtle CT brain abnormalities associated with reduced consciousness level
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.