This micro skills course will describe the pathology of cold injury and explain how to differentiate between frostbite, chilblains and trench foot. Later sections will describe the systemic effects of hypothermia.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the pathological processes involved in cold injury
- Differentiate between frostbite, chilblains and trench foot
- Describe the systemic effects of hypothermia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.