Chronic Pulmonary Obstructive Disease and Non-invasive Ventilation
This micro skills course will provide an overview of all aspects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD.) Particular mention will be given to management of respiratory failure due to exacerbations and the use of non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe COPD in terms of definition and classification
- Describe the typical symptom complex of COPD
- Describe the management strategies for both stable disease and exacerbations
- Describe the indications for the application of NIV
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.