Choosing and Using a Method: Young People
By presenting two case micro skills courses, this micro skills course focuses on providing contraceptive choice for young people.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify relevant individual lifestyle factors and be able to promote a ‘safer sex’ culture in the context of adolescent perspectives on sex and contraception;
- Compare suitability, including benefits and risks, of contraceptive methods, taking the young person’s preferences into account;
- Describe a management plan for contraception, including future contraceptive needs;
- Explain the importance of support for young people in relation to contraception
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.