Chest X-ray Interpretation In ICU
This micro skills course will describe how to interpret chest x-rays in critically ill patients. We will cover the assessment of the technical quality of chest x-rays and a systematic approach to their interpretation. Examples of the radiographic appearances of some common pathologies and tubes are included.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess the technical quality of chest x-rays
- Systematically review a chest x-ray
- Identify x-ray tissue densities
- Recognize the radiographic appearance of common pathologies which affect the chest
- Determine the correct placement of various tubes and catheters
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.