Checking the Anaesthetic Machine
The micro skills course covers the essential checks that should be undertaken before using an anaesthetic machine, guidelines for using each type of machine and how to use emergency gas supplies.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how to perform the essential checks before the use of an anaesthetic machine
- Describe the different requirements for anaesthetic machines with mechanical and electronic gas flow control
- Explain how to check for gas leaks including the evacuated bulb test
- Describe how to ensure that an independent means of ventilation and supply of oxygen are available in the event of emergency
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.