Check physical health status
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to obtain and interpret information about client health status and to check a clients physical health. It requires a detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology. This micro skills course applies to individuals working directly with clients and who assist in the provision of health care services. Some disciplines may be subject to state/territory regulatory determination regarding delegation and supervision.
What will I learn?
- Make checks of client health status prior to delivery of health intervention using knowledge of body systems
- Clarify significance of physical health status in relation to a particular intervention in line with job role and organisation requirements
- Clarify implications and significance of physical health status with appropriate people in the case of uncertainty or limits on own capability or authority
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Obtain information about physical health status