Challenging Communication with Colleagues
This micro skills course examines the reasons why challenging communication with colleagues takes place, especially when dealing with patients approaching the end of their lives, and the most effective approaches to handling these situations.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Evaluate the reasons why colleagues appear antagonistic or disruptive when involved with patients approaching the end of their life;
- Recognise the feelings that challenging communication with colleagues creates in yourself, and the behaviours that may result;
- Evaluate the effect that difficult communication with colleagues has on team working and patient care;
- Develop the communication skills to manage challenging situations with colleagues who are hostile or difficult;
- Identify when challenging communication with colleagues might be perceived as bullying or harassment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.