This micro skills course aims to help the clinician take and manage the results of cervical screening in the context of the NHS cervical screening programme and understand the responsibilities of the sample taker.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the objectives of the cervical screening programme;
- Identify the principles of screening programmes;
- Explain the way screening programmes operate in the UK;
- Identify the causes and prevalence of cervical screening abnormalities;
- Manage cervical screening results correctly;
- Explain colposcopy to a patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.