Central Venous and Pulmonary Artery Catheters
Central venous catheters are widely used in various clinical settings. This micro skills course describes the indications for their use, their types, sites of insertion, techniques employed in their insertion, benefits and risks associated with their use. The pulmonary artery flotation catheter is also described.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognize the indications for the use of central venous catheters
- Describe the different types of central venous catheters
- Discuss the techniques used in insertion and the sites used for insertion
- Explain the immediate and late complications that may arise with central venous cannulation
- Describe the use of ultrasound guidance during insertion of central venous cathetersDescribe the use of pulmonary artery flotation catheters
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.