Case Study Dementia
This micro skills course explores the problems that someone suffering from advanced dementia can have, and outlines carers’ issues. Using a case study, it gives suggestions about how care can be delivered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the main emotional, physical and social consequences of end-stage dementia
- Identify the specific challenges for professionals in providing effective end of life care to patients with advanced dementia
- Outline a sensible approach to managing end of life care for somebody with end-stage dementia and their families, in the last year of life and at the terminal stage
- Discuss how to manage a situation in which advance care planning has not taken place and little is known about the patient’s wishes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.