Case Histories 2 – Effect of Vestibular Results on Each Other
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will introduce you to a patient presenting with balance problems. It will allow you to consider what symptoms the patient will present with and the possible test results that will assist you in coming to a diagnosis.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the difference between non-vestibular and vestibular conditions;
- Describe the basic characteristics of labyrinthitis, Ménière’s disease, perilymph fistula, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV);
- State the purpose of different assessments;
- Identify how test results might be used in working with balance patients
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.