Care post heart transplant
This micro skills course describes the principles of care in the immediate and delayed postoperative period, including the commonly occurring complications as well as strategies to optimize cardiac function by using mechanical circulatory support.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the priorities for the immediate postoperative care of a heart transplant patient
- Identify the complications that commonly occur in the postoperative period after heart transplantation
- Describe the strategies to optimize the cardiac function of the transplanted heart
- Recognize the indications for different types of mechanical circulatory support after heart transplantation
- Describe the use of different types of mechanical circulatory support after heart transplantation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.