Care of People with Dementia
This micro skills course looks at the broader aspects of caring for people with dementia, including issues around driving, non-cognitive symptoms and how people with dementia may also develop problems with swallowing.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the driving guidelines specific to dementia
- Recognise that there are non-cognitive aspects to dementia
- Understand the causes of swallowing problems in dementia and be aware of management issues
- Be aware of both pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of the non-cognitive aspects to dementia
- Describe the issues particular to dementia in end of life care and some of the issues relating to carers of people with dementia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.