Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Disease Coronary Heart Disease and Acute Myocardial Infarction
This micro skills course will provide a brief introduction to coronary heart disease and acute myocardial infarction.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Surgeons of England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you should be able to:
- Describe the pathogenesis of coronary heart disease
- Identify the signs and symptoms of acute myocardial infarction
- Identify the modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors associated with coronary heart disease
- Describe how to manage the risk of peri-operative myocardial infarction in patients with coronary heart disease
- Explain how changes on an ECG can localise narrowing or occlusion of coronary arteries
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.