This micro skills course provides revision of basic cardiorespiratory physiology as applied to the surgical patient. It promotes consideration of cardiovascular abnormalities, and their impact on patients preparing for surgery. It provides the basic ideas for further development with other micro skills courses.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the major steps of the cardiac cycle, and how an electrocardiogram corresponds to the cardiac cycle;
- Define the role of lung function tests and the impact of common respiratory disease on lung physiology;
- Identify cardiorespiratory abnormalities that require attention prior to surgery, and describe how abnormal cardiorespiratory physiology impacts on surgical patients
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.