Capacity and Consent
This micro skills course explores the UK legal framework for assessing competence in young people, with particular regard to consent to treatment. Case studies are used to explore the appropriate action to take.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the UK legal framework in the UK for assessing competence in young people
- Recognise the law with regard to consent to treatment
- Identify the action to take when consent cannot be obtained because the young person refuses the treatment
- Identify the action to take when consent cannot be obtained because the young person is not considered competent
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.