Canal Preparation: Basic Preparation Techniques
This micro skills course introduces the principles of chemo-mechanical shaping and cleaning of root canals, using conventional hand instruments and appropriate irrigants.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of chemo-mechanical root canal preparation
- Select appropriate irrigants for chemical disinfection of root canals
- Describe various methods of working length determination
- Explain the principles of coronal flare and the principles of creating an apical taper by ‘stepping back’ with conventional hand instruments
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.