Calibration and Care of Equipment
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England covers the care, maintenance and calibration of audiometers. It considers aspects of audiometer care which, while often overlooked, are important if reliable, accurate results and long trouble-free service are to be obtained from the instrument.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the key features of a screening audiometer
- Explain how to look after the audiometer
- List the basic daily and weekly checks
- Describe why calibration is necessary and what it involves
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.