Burn Wound Sepsis
This micro skills course will explain the difference between colonisation and infection in burns and identify which burn wounds need to be treated to prevent sepsis. Later, it will explore the various therapies that are used to treat patients with burn wound sepsis.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between colonisation and infection in burns
- Identify which wounds need to be treated
- Describe appropriate topical and systemic therapy for burn wound sepsis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.