Breathing System Components
The micro skills course covers the components of modern anaesthetic breathing systems, including standard breathing system connectors, APL, PEEP and one-way valves, scavenging connectors, breathing system hoses, catheter mounts and adult facemasks.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the standard breathing system connectors and their uses
- Explain the basic function of APL, PEEP and one-way valves
- Select the correct facemask for an adult patient
- Identify which breathing system components may be re-used
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.