This micro skills course describes the presentation and categorisation of breast pain, the assessment of affected women in primary care, their initial management and the indications for referral.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the causes and presentation of cyclical and non-cyclical breast pain in primary care
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of risk factors in the diagnosis and management of breast pain
- Demonstrate a reasoned approach to the diagnosis of breast pain using history, examination, incremental investigations, and refer appropriately
- Intervene urgently with suspected malignancy and have a low threshold for the referral of breast lumps
- Describe the issues relating to the use of chaperones and detect whether the female patient wishes to see a doctor of the same sex
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.