This micro skills course explains why blood cultures are clinically relevant and describes the procedure for taking blood culture samples.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the clinical relevance of blood cultures;
- List the indications for taking blood cultures;
- Describe the technique for taking blood peripheral and central culture samples;
- Describe the laboratory processes for analysing blood cultures;
- List the causes of false positive and false negative results
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.