Benzodiazepines and Sedative Agents
This micro skills course describes the use of benzodiazepines in anaesthesia and intensive care. Other sedative agents are compared with benzodiazepines, particularly those that are available for use in the intensive care setting.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Classify benzodiazepine drugs according to their duration of action
- Describe the mechanism of action of benzodiazepines
- Describe the clinical uses of benzodiazepines
- Describe other oral sedative agents that are available
- Compare sedative agents used by continuous infusion in the intensive care unit
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.