Benefits and Risks of ACP to Patients Families and Staff
This micro skills course focuses on the benefits and risks associated with implementing advance care planning within an end of life care context.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of patients participating in advance care planning
- Describe the benefits of advance care planning for the family when a patient expresses their wishes and preferences
- Discuss the benefits of staff participating in advance care planning
- Identify ways in which the benefits of advance care planning can be promoted within your area of practice
- Identify the potential risks associated with implementing advance care planning
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.