Beam and Non-Beam Hazards of Lasers and Other Optical Radiation Devices
This micro skills course explores the range of hazards associated with the use of lasers, IPL and other optical radiation devices.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the effects of exposure and health hazards to the eye, skin and tissue associated with the use of laser, IPL and other optical radiation equipment;
- Explain the basic principles of maximum permitted exposure;
- Describe equipment-related hazards, including malfunctions, reflection and absorption of optical radiation from instruments, surfaces and other equipment;
- Describe the electrical, fire and smoke plume hazards to personnel and patients
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.