This micro skills course describes the clinical features of stroke and how and when imaging is used. The different appearances over time on both CT and MRI are covered, along with important very early signs of infarction on CT. The differential diagnosis of patients presenting with stroke-like symptoms is also considered.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Differentiate between stroke and conditions mimicking stroke;
- Differentiate basic ischaemic from haemorrhagic stroke;
- Describe early infarct signs on CT;
- Describe how to manage patients who don’t present to hospital until many days or weeks after the stroke, especially the milder strokes;
- Decide when to consider using MRI instead of CT;
- Refer to the current clinical guidelines
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.