Basic Principles of Implantology
This micro skills course will present a brief history on the development of dental implants to the current day. Protocols have changed over the last 30 years which have resulted in reducing treatment times but with no reduction in success rates – so long as careful treatment planning has been carried out.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the historical development of dental implants over the last 30 years and how protocols for osseointegrated implants have changed
- Explain the terminology for dental implants
- Describe the principles for successful implant treatment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.