Basic Monitoring: ECG, SpO2 and Blood Pressure
This micro skills course provides an introduction to basic clinical monitoring during anaesthesia.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the benefits of clinical monitoring during anaesthesia;
- Describe how to set up electrocardiograph (ECG) monitoring and interpret the information displayed;
- Describe how non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP) measurement is detected;
- Explain how a pulse oximeter measures arterial oxygen saturation (SpO2);
- Evaluate and explain artefacts associated with these monitors
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.