Basic Calculus – Differentiation
The micro skills course introduces the subject of calculus. This is the mathematics of change. The two main branches of the subject are differential calculus and integral calculus. This micro skills course deals with the topic of differentiation which has many applications in science and engineering. We concentrate on ideas rather than techniques.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between a function and its derivative through the process of differentiation
- Describe the geometric meaning of the derivative as the gradient of a curve at a point
- Show how knowledge of a function and its derivative enables the main features of its graph to be sketched
- Examine the derivatives of some basic functions
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.